Fumes Eyed in Death of Three on Long Island Houseboat

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Police investigate houseboat in Suffolk County, Long Island where three people died, seemingly from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

    Police on Long Island say carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the deaths of two men and a woman found unconscious on a houseboat about 200 feet offshore.

    A Suffolk County Police spokesman says the three were found about 9 p.m. Tuesday in Huntington Harbor and taken to Huntington Hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

    Police say a portable generator found on the boat is believed to be the source of the fumes that caused the victims to lose consciousness. Detective Sgt. Thomas Groneman tells Newsday that carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in their deaths.

    Police have identified the victims as 43-year-old Juan Torres of Huntington Station, 45-year-old Patrick Franklin of Port Jefferson and his wife, 44-year-old Susan Franklin.