A resident has died in a Brooklyn house fire, officials say.
Eight firefighters were also injured while responding to the blaze in Prospect Lefferts Gardens at about 6 p.m., mostly from smoke inhalation, the FDNY said.
It's not clear what sparked the fire, which started on the second floor and attic of a three-story home on Fenimore Street.
Neighbor Cal Hadley said he ran out to see the house engulfed in flames.
"Just standing there, you could feel the intensity in the heat from the fire," he said.
FDNY Deputy Chief Michael Ajello said it took about an hour to knock out the fire.
The injured firefighters were taken to Cornell Medical Center. A neighbor also suffered minor injuries and was taken to Kings County Hospital.
Black smoke from the blaze could be seen from blocks away.