5 People Overcome by Carbon Monoxide in Queens

Authorities say five people have been taken to a hospital because of high levels of carbon monoxide at a house in Queens.

A fire department spokesman says emergency crews responded to the Bayside home around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.

He says one person was listed in serious condition at Nassau County Medical Center. The others were taken to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in less serious condition.

A police department spokesman says the victims involved two adults and three children.  

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us