We learned that:
- There's a competition to chart the Grand Concourse's future.
- Public review for New Domino condo to start soon.
- New Gowanus rezoning details: 3,200 apartments!
- Big Real Estate scores big federal win on CMBS.
- Bank of America took control of Merrill's old 222 Broadway.
- Manhattan apartment rents kept a-tumbling in January.
- New property assessments out--outer-boroughs a little blue.
- MAS hosted a Coney Island forum; Mom invoked.
- Joe Sitt happy to talk Red Hook mall plans (details out!) but not Coney.
- Wowee! Garment District building trades for around $580 a foot.
- Nadler's $3 billion for transit chopped from final stimulus.
- Dolly Lenz and Ilan Bracha won big at Douglas Elliman's annual awards.
- Quinn: Unsold condos? Make 'em affordable housing.
- CMBS dilinquency rate jumped 224 percent in '08.
- Manhattan hotel occupancy down to '94 levels; room revenues way off, too.
- Atlantic Yards could get stimulus cash.
- Bloomberg tapped Rafael Cestero to succeed Shaun Donovan at HPD.
Copyright Obser - Observer