Thousands of tri-state residents and people from all over the world are expected to descend on the city for the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The NYPD released information on street closures for the parade as well as details on where pedestrians can see the balloons inflated Wednesday ahead of the big show on Thursday.
Here are the traffic and other details you need to know:
BALLOON INFLATION, WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21
- The balloon inflation can be viewed by pedestrians from 3 p.m. until 10 p.m. on 81st and 77th streets from Central Park West to Columbus Avenue.
- 81st and 77th streets from Central Park West to Columbus Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Pedestrians are advised to enter the viewing area from the West side of Columbus Avenue at 79th Street
- After 10 p.m., 81st and 77th streets from Central Park West to Columbus Avenue as well as Central Park West from 59th to 86th streets will be closed to all traffic
THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE, THURSDAY, NOV. 22
Formation for the parade begins at 8 a.m. at the following locations:
- West 77th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
- West 81st Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
- Central Park West between West 77th and 86th streets
The parade begins at 9 a.m. from Central Park West and 77th Street and proceeds on the following route:
- South on Central Park West to Columbus Circle
- South through E/S Columbus Circle to 59th Street
- East on 59th Street to Sixth Avenue
- South on Sixth Avenue to 34th Street
- West on 34th Street to Seventh Avenue
Additional street closures for Thursday are as follows:
- Broadway between 34th Street and 38th Street - Midnight to 1 p.m.
- 7th Avenue from West 34th to West 42nd streets - 2 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- 34th Street between Sixth and Eighth avenues - 10 p.m. (Wed) to 5 p.m.
- 59th Street E/B between Seventh Avenue and Central Park West – 2 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 59th Street W/B between Fifth Avenue and Central Park West – 2 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 35th Street between Fifth and Eighth avenues - 2 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 36th Street between Sixth and Eighth avenues - 2 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 37th Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue - 4 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 38th Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue - 4 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Eighth Avenue between 34th and 40th streets - 4 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Broadway between 38th and 59th streets - 4 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- 33rd Street between Seventh and 10th avenues - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 39th Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 40th Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Central Park 65th Street/66th Street Transverse Roads 7 a.m. until conclusion