NBC 4 New York
A chimney is all that's left of a New Milford home in Connecticut after it was leveled by an explosion Wednesday. A father is dead, and a little boy injured -- and it wasn't even their house. Brynn Gingras has more.
A man trying to help a friend repair a propane leak was killed and his 9-year-old son and the homeowner critically injured when the house exploded, leaving only a chimney standing, Connecticut police said.
Anthony Fratino, 47, was killed in the Wednesday night blast at 117 Sunny Valley Rd. in New Milford. His son, Nicholas, and the homeowner, John Wilkinson, 46, a father of two whose wife is pregnant, were both in critical condition with burns.
"I came around the house, ran right through here, me and my wife. You tried to get the roof of the boy... we couldn't get it off, but the screaming..." said Al Machado, a neighbor. "You'll never forget that."