What You're Doing This Weekend, 12/13-14
BUST craftacular, My Brightest Diamond, and other great things to do around town on Saturday and Sunday
Published at 11:49 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 8:30 AM EST on Dec 13, 2008
- Grrl-power magazine BUST takes Manhattan with its Holiday Craftacular, a.k.a. 200 artists, D.I.Y.ers, and generally cool folks cramming into the Metropolitan Pavilion on Sunday. 10:00 AM-7:30 PM.
- Santa Claus: Closet alkie? You be the judge at the day-long bar crawl known as SantaCon. Saturday, starts at 10AM.
- It's not Christmas without the angelic voices of the Vienna Boys Choir (they're not castrati -- just young) at Carnegie Hall for one show only this Sunday, 2PM.
- Feminist-in-chief Gloria Steinem will be at the Brooklyn Museummoderating a panel of experts and luminaries on the fight against global sex trafficking. Saturday, 2PM-4PM.
- Two excellent pop bands for the price of one: Brooklyn culty faves My Brightest Diamond and Clare & the Reasons play (Le) Poisson Rouge. Saturday, 8PM.
- We love Scandinavian textile designer Lotta Jansdotter's whimsical-yet-mod prints. She'll be teaching a fabric-printing class at the Brooklyn Museum on Saturday, 2PM-4PM.
- Expect to load up on tasteful handmade gifts at the Holiday Crafts Park Avenue shopping event in Gramercy, at the 69th Regiment Armory Friday 4PM-9PM, Saturday 10AM-7PM, Sunday 10AM-5PM.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York