Riders From Doomed Bus Trip Went Back for More - NBC New York

Riders From Doomed Bus Trip Went Back for More

Four passengers who survived the bus crash went back on another bus to the casino Saturday



    Riders From Doomed Bus Trip Went Back for More

    Four gamblers who believed luck was on their side after they somehow survived the terrifying crash of the tour bus on I-95 amazingly got back on a bus hours later for another trip to the casino.

    Theodore Radulescu, a 55-year-old cook, left the hospital in his medical gown and went straight to the Bowery Mission on the Lower East Side for a change of clothes before boarding another tour bus back to the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut, according to the New York Post.

    "I'm not the kind of guy to be scared," he said.

    And Bernardo Garcia, who lost a friend in the crash, also went back on a bus operated by World Wide Tours, the operator of the bus that crashed early Saturday morning as it was returning from a Connecticut casino.

    "I'm the kind of person that believes when it's your time to go, it's your time to go," Garcia told the paper.

    Two other passengers from the doomed trip also went back to the casino Saturday night, but would not speak to the Post, the paper said.

    Hours before their Saturday night trip to the casino, the four gamblers were aboard the bus that crashed early Saturday morning in what first responders said was the worst accident they had ever seen.

    The bus carrying 31 passengers skidded into a highway sign post, which entered through the front window, shearing the bus from front to back along the window line, cutting like a knife through the seating area.

    Emergency rescuers said the scene was like out of a horror movie.

    Garcia, who said he climbed out of the bus through a window, said he is still reeling from the experience.

    "Seeing all those bodies, bruises all over their faces. The pole went right through everyone in the head. There was screaming. I can't even describe it. I saw arms cut off. they said one man lost both arms," he told the Post.

    Radulescu said he tried to help a woman who didn't respond, and pulled two others through a window.

    "I lost my shoes," he said. "When I got out, my right sock was soaked in blood. It wasn't mine."