Barbie's Margiela wig coat.
• Condé Nast Digital just laid off 30 people from sites including Brides.com and Wired.com. [WWD]
• On a recent visit to Macy's, Liz Claiborne designer Isaac Mizrahi said he wants the line to be "the least expensive thing on the floor." [NYT]
• Small London-based clothing maker Rapha aims to restore "romanticism" and "passion" to cycling clothes. They're not athletic clothes inasmuch as things you'd wear if you rode your bike to the office. [NYT]
• As sick as we are of Barbie's 50th anniversary celebration, we can't help but love her miniature version of Martin Margiela's iconic wig coat. It will be displayed in an exhibit in Paris yesterday alongside downsized outfits by Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier and Sonia Rykiel. [WWD]
• Whitney Port and Jay Lyons were seen canoodling on the set of Jennifer Aniston's new film in the West Village. They were so into each other they just walked right into it without noticing. Talk about fascinating news. [NYDN]
Read more posts by Amy Odell
Filed Under: barbie, christian lacroix, conde nast, economy, isaac mizrahi, jay lyons, jean paul gautlier, karl lagerfeld, layoffs, liz claiborne, loose threads, macys, martin margiela, rapha, sonia rykiel, whitney port