Carrie Underwood's fake bob.
• A 53-year-old woman was arrested in Boston yesterday as a suspect in a bank robbery. The teller identified her by her orange nail polish. [Boston.com]
• The Federal Trade Commission is forcing QVC to pay $7.5 million in settlement money to consumers who bought anti-cellulite skin creams and supplements that were deemed misleading and deceptive. Let it be known that you cannot, in fact, rub pounds away with cream. [Forbes.com via Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• Estée Lauder named a CEO after sixteen months without one. The lucky winner: Fabrizio Freda, who was president of global snacks for Procter & Gamble before joining Lauder in November 2007 as chief operating officer. [WWD]
• A father is distraught that he can't stop his daughters from wearing makeup, especially because one of them is 3 years old. Did he father one of Kimora Lee Simmons's kids? [Daily Mail]
• You can get a bob in five steps without cutting your hair. Carrie Underwood did it when she performed on American Idol last week, but who in the real world has the time? [Beauty Blogger/Teen Vogue]
• Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland (so they're still friends!) got their eyebrows shaped at Damone "Eyebrow King" Roberts's salon on Fifth Avenue. No word on who paid their bills. [NYP]
Read more posts by Sharon Clott