Suspect in Shooting of 4 in BK Released from Custody

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC 4 New York
    Joseph Brown

    The man arrested in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding of three others in Brooklyn's Coney Island earlier this month has been released from custody.
     
    A spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney's office says Saturday a judge ordered 29-year-old Joseph Brown released on Friday.
     
    The spokesman says the investigation is ongoing and Brown is due back in court in May.

    The Daily News reports that serious questions were raised about whether Brown was the gunman, after several friends came forward to say Brown was with them in their apartment at the time of the shooting.
     
    Police originally said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex, walked to a back bedroom and shot a man in the head. Investigators said he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletters Send Us News Tips | Google+ | Instagram | RSS