Newark Blaze Sparked by Natural Gas: Officials | NBC New York

Newark Blaze Sparked by Natural Gas: Officials



    NBC 4 New York

    It took dozens of firefighters at least an hour to bring a blaze in Newark under control Wednesday night. 

    The fire started inside an unoccupied two-story home at 12-14 Fabyan Place in the West Ward section at about 7 p.m., fire officials said. 

    It appears to have been sparked by a small explosion caused by natural gas, officials said.

    It took 13 fire trucks and 55 firefighters to bring the fire under control, officials said. The building was destroyed in the fire, and an adjacent building was seriously damaged. 

    There were no injuries.

    Investigation is continuing.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android