Drink up Brooklyn.
As of May 11, the borough is now home to New York City's first landmarked brewery.
The William Ulmer Brewery Complex located on Belvidere and Locust Streets in Bushwick was built between 1872 and 1890 and made 3.2 million gallons of beer per year, at its peak.
“The Ulmer plant is a remarkably intact reminder of one of Brooklyn’s most important industries,” chairman of the Landmarks Preservation Commission, Robert B. Tierney told the New York Timesin a statement.
Owned by German immigrant William Ulmer, the former beer-making facility was a part of Brooklyn's booming brewery business, being one of 45 in the borough. It closed in 1920 as a result of Prohibition.
The red-brick complex is made up of four buildings: the brewery, an engine house, an office, and a stable house, reported the Times.
Furniture designer Zeb Stewart currently lives in the two-story office building part of the complex.
Of the building being landmarked, Stewart told the Times, "It feels great. It’s a beautiful house."