Annie's Recalls Some Frozen Pizza Products
Natural food company Annie's says it's recalling some of it frozen pizzas because they may contain fragments of flexible metal mesh from a faulty screen at a third-party flour mill.
All varieties of Annie's Rising Crust Frozen Pizza with a best-by date including and between Jan. 9, 2013 and Sept. 14, 2013, are affected. Recalled varieties are:
• Organic Four Cheese Pizza, 23.5 oz UPC 013562 200016
• Organic Pepperoni Pizza, 23.6 oz UPC 013562 200009
• Organic Supreme Pizza, 25.4 oz UPC 013562 200023
• Organic Spinach and Mushroom Pizza, 25.0 oz UPC 013562 200054
• Four Cheese Pizza, 22.5 oz UPC 013562 200078
• Pepperoni Pizza, 22.6 oz UPC 013562 200061
• BBQ Recipe Chicken Pizza, 23.1 oz UPC 013562 200092
Annie's says pieces of the fine wire from the metal mesh screen were too small to be detected by their metal control programs and could have found their way into flour and pizza dough.
"While no metal has been found in Annie’s finished product, as a precaution, Annie's initiated this voluntary recall," the company said in a statement. "There have been no consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries reported to date."
Customers who purchased the product can return it its place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call Annie's Homegrown Pizza Recall Hotline at 1-888-825-6720 or visit www.annies.com/pizzarecall1
for more information.
Published at 5:17 PM EST on Jan 23, 2013