Dirty Domino's Workers Charged For Prank | NBC New York

Dirty Domino's Workers Charged For Prank



    Police are using the same statute to go after Anthony Setzer, 32, as they would for someone accused of tampering with Halloween candy.

    A gross video posted on YouTube showing a Domino's Pizza worker stuffing cheese up his nostril and waving salami under his rear end as he is making sandwiches has led to charges against him and a co-worker who recorded him, authorities said Wednesday.

    Kristy Lynn Hammonds, 31, of Taylorsville and Michael Anthony Setzer, 32, of Conover are each charged with distributing prohibited foods. Police chief Gary Lafone says it is the same North Carolina statute that forbids any tampering with Halloween candy.

    Domino's Pizza Employees Get Dirty With Food

    [NEWSC] Domino's Pizza Employees Get Dirty With Food
    Two Domino's Pizza employees posted a video on YouTube of the pair doing disgusting things to customers' food. Later, the two workers were fired and the company issued an apology.
    (Published Thursday, April 16, 2009)

    In the video, Setzer is making sandwiches while a giggling Hammonds narrates and urges him to "do it again, do it again" in putting the cheese up his nose. It appears he threw some of the cheese in the garbage but some went on a sandwich.

    Setzer says: "This is Michael's special Italian sandwich."

    Hammonds says the sandwiches were meant to be delivered soon to customers and that "little did they know that the cheese was in his nose."

    Domino's spokesman Tim McIntyre said the workers were fired and there is no evidence any of the tampered foods were served to customers. He said the company also may pursue a lawsuit.

    Company CEO Patrick Doyle posted another video in response, saying the store had been sanitized "top to bottom."

    "We're re-examining all of our hiring practices to make sure that people like this don't make it into our stores," he said.

    Setzer was released from the Catawba County jail on $7,500 bond, while Hammonds remained in custody late Wednesday night. A deputy at the jail couldn't say if the two had retained attorneys, but they were scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.