Sandra Bullock Renews Restraining Order Against Stalker

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    Getty Images
    Sandra Bullock has taken out another restraining order on a stalker.

    Sandra Bullock has won a new restraining order on a longtime stalker.

    Thomas James Weldon, who was first ordered to steer clear of the Oscar-winning actress in 2003, had his restraining order temporarily renewed on Monday, The Associated Press reported. A hearing on the request is scheduled for Aug. 6.

    According to court documents examined by the AP, Weldon was admitted last month to a Wyoming emergency room for anxiety and sleeplessness.

    He allegedly told hospital staff that he was en route from Tennessee to visit Bullock at her home in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Welden also reportedly told doctors he could speak to Bullock through telepathy and that he was off his meds.

    Ahead of the expiration of his last restraining order last year, Weldon checked himself into to a Tennessee mental institution, the AP reported.

    In 2006, Bullock sued the state of Tennessee to make sure she was notified of Weldon’s release, and it is unclear when he was freed, according to the AP.

    Bullock, who recently divorced bad boy motorcycle mechanic and reality star Jesse James, has relocated from Los Angeles to Texas, but maintains property in Wyoming.

    In addition to being barred from Bullock’s movie sets, Welden's temporary restraining order prevents him from coming near the “Blind Side” star’s newly adopted baby Louis Bardo Bullock, as well as Bullock's nanny, housekeeper and assistant, E! News reported.