Erin Crandall, owner of the West Village's sunny A Man and a Woman boutique, honed her eye for fabulous fashion at the now-famous "Bop" in Wisconsin before becoming head buyer for their e-commerce site, Shopbop.com. Since then, Crandall has stocked her store chockablock with seriously chic merch, from gorgeous Jason Wu party dresses to Tucker's inimitable printed blouses.
With market week about to wrap-up for the ason, Crandall offered us her expert perspective on the five trends she can't wait to get on the racks next spring.
1. Elegance - "Timeless chic elegance shown on the runway always catches my eye. This year Doo.Ri really did that for me!"
2. Mix and Match - "I loved how shows such as Carolina Herrera mixed and matched using a patterned dress, fun belt and chunky accessory. It was a lot but not too much. This look is some times hard to pull off, but when done right, looks chic and allows you to play with your favorite standout pieces."
3. Patterns - "Innovative and chic patterns, seen in shows such as Chris Benz', caught my eye and made me excited to add more patterns to my own closet."
4. Cool Cutouts - "A cut out in a dress can take a boring dress to a whole another level. Anthony Vaccarello stood out this year to me--his looks were sexy and daring with texture."
5. Stripes - "Stripes are a way to make any outfit more interesting with ease. 10 Crosby by Derek Lam did an amazing job with new sets of lines, and even mixed and matched them."