- If you can drag your fat self to Rockefeller Plaza, you could be the next Biggest Loser - which means money, fame, and smaller pants! NBC holds an open casting call for the reality slimfest's 8th season at its Experience Store in Rockefeller Plaza. Saturday, 10AM. Check out the audition line in the video above.
- The Pop-Up Brooklyn Flea gets a guest curator, and a savvy and sexy one at that: Tastemaker site/shop Refinery29 hand-selects the 35 vendors set to peddle their wares - from frocks to furniture - in Dumbo this weekend. Saturday and Sunday, 11AM-6PM.
- If the walls of the Apollo Theater could talk, they'd probably have something to say about the tightness of James Brown's pants. As the iconic venue fetes its 75th anniversary (and Black History Month), take the nifty Apollo Open House backstage tour, packed with historical tidbits galore. Saturday and Sunday, schedule varies.
- Fashion Week: It's not just for Manhattan anymore! Brooklyn (well, Williamsburg) gets in on the runway action with its own Fashion Weekend at Glasslands Gallery. See designs from up-and-coming designers, hear live bands, and drink. Friday 9PM, Saturday 8:30PM.
- Hugh Jackman? Please. You can keep your pretty-boy host, Academy -- we'll take our Oscar night hosted by the hardest working middle-aged man in show business, a.k.a. Mr. Murray Hill. Drag's sassiest mustache holds court at Joe's Pub with his 8th Annual Oscar Party. Sunday, 7PM.
- Hit (Le) Poisson Rouge for Nolafunk's 3rd Annual Mardi Gras party, with DJs, live music, and all the rouling bon temps you can throw a strand of shiny purple beads at. Saturday, 8PM.
Published at 10:24 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 11:36 AM EST on Feb 21, 2009
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations