NBA Essentials provides the must-see links, quotes and videos of the day.
* Not long after stepping up to the free throw line in the second quarter, [Nate] Robinson saluted some of his mates that he plays in 'Call of Duty, World at War' on XBox 360 Live. It was his way of proving that it was indeed him playing online." -- Newsday, via BDL.
* "If improving the defense and creating greater balance was Phoenix's goal in letting [Mike] D'Antoni look elsewhere, thus far that decision has been a dismal failure." -- Basketball Prospectus.
* "After one game early this season, a puzzled [Ike] Diogu examined a decked-out [Jerryd] Bayless, who was carrying a Louis Vuitton toiletry bag, and asked: 'Are you gonna dress like that every game?'" -- OregonLive, via Blazer's Edge.
* Jeff Van Gundy: "He's the only player I ever coached that was served a subpoena on the bench in an exhibition game." -- This is the City Line.
* "I am not a bad person. Sure, sometimes I like to shoot. But who doesn't? Is it not part of basketball to shoot?" -- The Blowtorch.
* The weekly NBA on TV announcing schedule, thanks to Awful Announcing.