Health officials are warning people not to swim at 14 beaches in Nassau County.
The beaches, all on the North Shore, are known to get a lot of stormwater runoff from heavy rainfall. Stormwater runoff can elevate bacteria levels.
[NATL]Dr. Beach Reveals Top 10 Best Beaches in the US for 2017
The Nassau County Health Department issued the advisory Sunday against swimming at the following beaches:
- Centre Island Sound – Bayville
- Creek Club – Lattingtown
- Lattingtown Beach – Lattingtown
- Laurel Hollow Beach – Laurel Hollow
- Morgan Sound – Glen Cove
- North Hempstead Beach Park – Port Washington
- Piping Rock Beach Club – Locust Valley
- Pryibil Beach – Glen Cove
- Ransom Beach – Bayville
- Theodore Roosevelt Beach – Oyster Bay
- Sea Cliff Village Beach – Sea Cliff
- Soundside Beach – Bayville
- Stehli Beach – Bayville
- Tappen Beach – Glenwood Landing
For up-to-date recorded information on beach openings and closings, call (516) 227-9700.