More than 27,000 people were competing Saturday in the Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon and that means drivers should expect street closures throughout the morning.
The race, which began at 7 a.m., starts at the Brooklyn Museum and ends at the Coney Island boardwalk.
It's the largest half marathon in the country, according to the New York Road Runners.
According to the city Department of Transportation, the following streets will be closed until noon for the Brooklyn Half Marathon:
- Eastern Parkway between Grand Army Plaza and Bedford Avenue
- Washington Avenue between Eastern Parkway and Empire Boulevard
- Empire Boulevard between Washington Avenue and Flatbush Avenue
- Flatbush Avenue between Empire Boulevard and Grand Army Plaza
- Grand Army Plaza (Entire Circle)
- Ocean Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Parkside Avenue
- Parkside Avenue between Ocean Avenue and Park Circle
Route (In Prospect Park):
- West Lake Drive between East Drive and South Lake Drive
- South Lake Drive between West Lake Drive and East Lake Drive
- East Lake Drive between South Lake Drive and East Drive
- West Drive between East Drive and West Lake Drive
- Park Circle between South Lake Drive and Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp
- Ocean Parkway between Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp and Surf Avenue
- Surf Avenue between Ocean Parkway and West 10th Street
- Boardwalk between West 10th Street and Stillwell Avenue
- West 10th Street between Surf Avenue and Boardwalk
- West 15th Street between Surf Avenue and Boardwalk
- Surf Avenue between West 10th Street and West 19th Street
- Stillwell Avenue between Surf Avenue and Boardwalk