Woman Burned in ‘Flash Fire' at NJ Perfume Company: Official

The Piscataway building was evacuated after the mishap

A woman was burned Thursday in what officials are calling a "flash-fire" that broke out at a perfume company in New Jersey.

The woman was taken to the hospital after a spark ignited flames at a chemical vat at the company on Ethel Road in Piscataway at about 2 p.m., according to Mayor Brian Wahler.

It was not clear how seriously the woman was burned.

Other employees were cleared out of the building while firefighters made sure that there were no other issues in the building, authorities said. 

Contact Us