Rumblings & Bumblings looks at those real estate mysteries that only Curbed readers can unlock the secrets to. If you've got an answer to one of the queries below, leave a note in the comments or send us an email. If you've got another question, drop a line to email@example.com. Bonus points for digital photos. Answers from readers like you on Thursday; special Brooklyn overflow edition of Rumblings tomorrow.
1) Harlem: A commenter asks, "How about an update on the Gateway II in Harlem (FDB & 114th, above)? After years of delays, there was a flurry of construction in the past few months, followed by an apparent stop work order." [Photo courtesy Paolo Mastrangelo/Flickr]
2) Manhattan Valley: Queries another commenter, "What's going on on the NE corner of W110 and Manhattan Ave? That disgusting decrepit abandoned building has been sitting there forever and all of a sudden it's surrounded by scaffolding and all of the boarded up windows have been knocked out. I hope million dollar condos or a gym is in store!"
3) Upper East Side: Yet another intrepid commenter wonders, "96th and Lexington, Northwest corner. They put scaffolding up over a vacant building in which the owner was holding out on (for 8 million? I heard at one point). Heard of any news of what is going up here? There has been a decent amount of new residential rentals going up in the area and just north.
4) Upper West Side: An emailer sends along a query that we'll put on our Racked hat to consider: "Any idea what is happening in the ground floor corner retail space of The Melar at 93rd & Bway? There have been workers going in & out and new fluorescent lighting and drop ceiling peeking out above the availability wrap."
5) Tribeca: A reader emails, "I noticed this morning that the two low rise buildings on the south side of charlton street between varick and hudson, just west of the soon-to-open Sheraton Four Points hotel and just east of the corner construction (multi-use, facing hudson street) are draped and the sidewalk is blocked off (some Extell signage). Any idea what is the plan for those buildings? Could it be that this block may actually become walkable again?"
6) Chelsea: Another email: "I was wondering if you know what Sciame is up to with the property on 5th avenue on the Southwest corner of 21st street?"
7) Soho: Finally, one more from yesterday's comment thread: "any idea what's coming at the northwest corner of mott and broome? looks like they're converting an old industrial-ish building to something nice and new but i haven't seen signs at all during the past few months of work."