The Palins of Park Slope, via the Brooklyn Paper
Dear Sarah Palin: We're very grateful. No, seriously, we mean it. You've given writers from Slate and Newsweek and New York Magazine the chance to consider how they would spend $150,000 at Saks and Neiman's, and inspired the Frisky to pull together some very classic VP looks for under $117. And that's just the beginning.
You've given the good women of Park Slope a wild night out at the Medusa Hair Salon last Saturday, where they raised $1600 for the Obama campaign and got their hair done just like yours. You've sparked a new hairstyle among devoutly Orthodox Jewish women, who have turned a wig based on your be-banged updo into a best-seller. (The Posh spice wig, on the other hand, isn't selling so well, meaning you've single-handedly bested one of the world's most famous current haircuts.) You've given brown-haired girls with glasses an instant Halloween costume and gotten Tina Fey a book deal, and you may have single-handedly revived a flagging Saks Fifth Avenue.
So thank you, Sarah Palin. If you hadn't come along, we would have spend the whole day thinking about Stylista.
· Caribou Barbie Goes Couture [Newsweek]
· How to Spend $150,000 at Saks and Neiman Marcus [NYM]
· If Sarah Palin Shopped For Her Campaign Clothes At Walmart… [The Frisky]
· Palin around! Sarah lookalikes raise big bucks — and hair — for Barack [BP]
· Sarah Palin Wig Top Seller in Jewish Areas [NYP]For more stories from Racked, go to racked.com.