A 25-year-old man from Poland endured a three-hour surgery to remove a screwdriver that was lodged about two inches into his head, according to The Associated Press.
The man was working in his garden when he slipped and jammed the Phillips head screwdriver into his forehead, the New York Daily News reported.
"I went to my car to check in the mirror … and I saw the screwdriver in my head," the man said, according to the New York Daily News.
Still, the man was in no hurry to seek medical attention. Kochanowicz told Poland's TVN24 the man smoked a cigarette to calm his nerves before calling his neighbor who brought him to hospital.