Woman Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Generator-Powered L.I. Home: Police

Thursday, Nov 8, 2012  |  Updated 7:14 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Your Hurricane Sandy Photos

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A Long Island woman died when a portable generator she began using after Sandy knocked out power in her neighborhood emitted fatal levels of carbon monoxide, police said.

Michelle Bracco, 44, of Kresse Street in Oceanside, was discovered unconscious in her home after 10 p.m. Monday, police said.

She was taken to South Nassau Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. 

Police said a portable generator in the garage attached to Bracco's home was being used to power the home, and high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered inside the home.

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out