Judge Tosses Pioneering Bedbug Lawsuit

Saturday, Apr 23, 2011  |  Updated 10:11 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Judge Tosses Pioneering Bedbug Lawsuit

Getty Images

A judge has dismissed a former TV news staffer's pioneering lawsuit over bedbug bites she got at her New York City office.

Jane Clark's lawyer said Friday she planned to appeal the ruling.

Clark says bedbug bites at work forced her to leave her Fox News job in 2008. The company's exterminators found that the bugs were coming from another former employee's infested apartment.

Clark sued the building's landlord, among others, though not Fox.

A judge ruled last week that Fox News "took extraordinary measures'' to fight the bugs, and building owners and managers couldn't have done more.

The landlord's lawyer and a spokeswoman for Fox parent News Corp. didn't immediately return calls Friday seeking comment.

The judge said the case apparently marked the first time a worker sued an employer's landlord over bedbugs.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
21st Century Solutions
The NBCUniversal Foundation is partnering... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out