3 Hurt in Transformer Fire Near Intrepid Museum

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    NBC 4 New York

    Three people were injured when an apparent equipment malfunction sparked a transformer fire on the pier near the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, authorities say. 
    Fire officials say they received a call about a fire near the West Side museum shortly before 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

    Luke Sacks, assistance vice president of public relations and corporate communications for the Intrepid museum, said two employees making repairs to an outside power supply, along with a volunteer who was nearby, were hurt. One of the employees and the volunteer were taken to the hospital. 

    Sacks said their injuries are considered minor. 

    The museum was already closed due to the power outage the employees were working to fix, Sacks said. It will remain closed for the rest of the day.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletters Send Us News Tips | Google+ | Instagram | RSS