Boy, 8, Killed in Brooklyn Fire

Fire officials said the fire was sparked by a space heater

Saturday, Feb 9, 2013  |  Updated 9:27 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Boy, 8, Killed in Brooklyn Fire

NBC Local Media

advertisement

Police say an 8-year-old boy has died in a fire sparked by a space heater in a residential building in Brooklyn.
 
Police and firefighters responded to the fire at a building on Bedford Avenue in Flatbush early Saturday and found the boy unconscious and unresponsive.

He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was not immediately released.

Firefighters determined the space heater was too close to some combustible items. It's not immediately clear what they were.

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out