It might be mid-November, but holiday parties (and the familiar dressing anxiety that comes with them) are right around the corner. Unsure whether to pile on the sequins or dust off the velvet jacket this year? We've recruited top-notch New York designers and stylists to share their holiday party pointers.
Designer Rachel Roy is known for her classically good taste and playful silhouettes, so we knew she'd have some killer holiday season secrets to spill. Her winter-wonderful advice: Try a pair of super-bright trousers and give a gift your hostess actually wants.
1. Try colored pants. Be bold, brave and ready to mix it up!
2. Do a smokey eye that can take you from desk to dinner in no time. My new Rachel Roy beauty palette makes it easy for you to experiment and try new things with color this holiday season.
3. Do dinner blouses -- they can really take you anywhere.
4. Do good and support a great cause. I support "Heart of Haiti" and we partnered together to design beautiful Haitian jewelry, where every purchase helps create jobs for the artisans of Haiti.
5. Give a gift that the recipient wants instead of needs. This motivates the gift giver to really think about what would delight the person they are gifting.