Musician, autotune addict, float-rider, Twitter philosopher and all-around fashionable gent Kanye West was named 2010's Stylemaker of the Year at Monday’s ACE Awards, presented by the Accessories Council (yep, there’s an Accessories Council) at Cipriani.
His acceptance speech runs for 43 somewhat inscrutable lines, which must mean he’s being deep. So we’ve distilled his Westian prose into what we subjectively feel is the nuggety essence, and insodoing, saved you precious minutes it would take to read the whole thing and apply its truths, Tao-like, to your own life. You’re welcome.
1. It's like, you can't play the video game anymore.
2. …the thing that broke my heart most was when they said, "You're finished. The shoe's finished."
3. I feel convicted. I feel a level of honesty. I feel a level of truth.
4. The opinion of a 5-year-old, the spirit of a 5-year-old with the responsibility of a 100-year old.
5. You know, when they do a magazine of No. 1 New Yorkers or something like that and I'm blatantly left out, I feel like ... It hurts me.
6. "Let's have a toast for the douchebags"
7. If you want to just understand how much I care, how selfless I am, how much I could give...
8. Maybe I can't find the words right now, but we know what it is.
9. They can't sit on the beach, they have to create constantly.
10. Some people hate me.