1) East Village: EV Grieve has some news on the supposed vegan ice cream shop on A and 10th: "the front windows have been papered over for weeks. And then! A sign just appeared, as this photo from our tipster shows...Stogo? As in consultant Malcolm Stogo of the Ice Cream University?" [PLYWOOD]
2) Cobble Hill: Some exciting tipster intel from Cobble Hill: "The old television repair shop on Henry & Atlantic in Brooklyn has permits up to reno to 'eating & drinking establishment'...saw the owners of Brooklyn Social going in and out..." Note: this is the TV repair shop mourned here by Gowanus Lounge. [PLYWOOD]
3) Hells Kitchen: Life with Food and Drink checks in on Kyma space and realizes it will be called Brasserie Athenee and looks liks "a wannabee Pigalle": "The interior is suitably brasserie-ish, and it looks as though the space will be bright and bustling... that is, if people go. There's already a website up, and Opentable claims the place will open on Wednesday the 5th." [PLYWOOD]
4) Park Slope: Some new doomed plywood in the Slope, from Gowanus Lounge: "This is a new restaurant called Playa. How do we know this? It’s the sign that’s just gone up at the corner of President Street and Fifth Avenue in Park Slope. This is the former Lookout Hill spot and considered one of the Slope’s prime corners of gory and gruesome food & drink death. An adjacent bar, called Cabana, was reported yesterday in the New York Time..." [PLYWOOD]
5) Greenwich Village: Jeremiah Moss checks in on the upcoming Roasting Plant but more importantly, he informs us that the old Chez Brigitte space has been papered over and a new tenant could be coming in soon. [PLYWOOD]
6) Midtown: A tipster informs us that Chipotle is opening a new location on Madison between 39th and 40th. They've been hiring for positions all week. [PLYWOOD]
7) Harlem: Harlem Hybrid reportsDoug E.'s Fresh Chicken & Waffles will open in a few weeks. [PLYWOOD]
For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.