Talking Points 12/11
$25,000 to get on a boat with John Mayer, the rich are forced to shop in secret, and more notables from the NYC web
Published at 11:52 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 11:12 AM EST on Dec 11, 2008
- Recession? What recession? Surely you have $25,000 to spend on a cruise, if the cruise director is John Mayer. Whose girlfriend can't even name one of his songs, btw (which is somehow more forgivable than when Sarah Palin couldn't name a newspaper she reads).
- Now that it's so passé to spend money, the poor, hunted wealthy have to hold secret shopping parties.
- The Cooper Square Hotel opens today, for all your fancy staycation needs.
- Finally, thanks to Berkshire pork and balsamic reductions, you can now find Vinegar Hill on a map.
- Liquidation sales are everywhere, including Coney Island's Astroland, whose icons are being sold for scrap.
- The Times knows that empty wallets mean just one thing: Eat cheap like the ethnics!
- ...& ICYMI: Oh dear -- David Letterman made Paula Abdul cry.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York