Ray Villeda - NBC New York

Ray Villeda



    Ray Villeda

    Emmy Award-winning reporter Ray Villeda joined the NBC 4 New York news team in June of 2015.  He reports weekdays at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 11 p.m.

    Villeda has covered a number of high-profile stories at NBC 4 New York.  In July, 2016, Villeda travelled to Dallas and delivered live updates on the ambush-style attacks which left five police officers dead.  Villeda was later awarded a New York Emmy as part of NBC 4 New York’s team coverage of the Dallas attacks.

    In January, 2017, Villeda travelled to South Florida following a mass shooting at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.  He delivered live updates for viewers throughout the weekend, including all law enforcement briefings. 

    Prior to joining NBC 4 New York, Villeda reported at KXAS, the NBC station in Dallas-Fort Worth. It was here that Villeda was recognized with two Emmys for on-camera live reports, and for general assignment stories.  At KXAS, Villeda’s assignments took him across the nation, covering major stories such as Hurricane Sandy, the Ebola outbreak from Dallas to Atlanta, and the border crisis. Fluent in Spanish, Villeda was able to secure firsthand accounts from families who had made the trek over the Texas-Mexico border.

    Villeda came to Dallas from Hartford, Connecticut, where he reported for CBS affiliate WFSB-TV.  While at WFSB-TV, Villeda was recognized by the Associated Press and the Society of Professional Journalists for his coverage of a major power plant explosion. He was the first reporter on the scene after the fatal blast, providing live, detailed reports throughout the response and recovery periods.

    Born in Queens, Villeda lived in Brooklyn for many years. He is a proud graduate of Ithaca College, and made his television news debut on Syracuse’s NBC3 (WSTM-TV).  Currently residing in Manhattan, Villeda is a passionate runner who, on a nice day, can frequently be found traversing Central Park or the West Side Highway. He is hoping to eventually run the New York City Marathon.