The bar at Southern Hospitality.
This weekend’s Giants vs. Eagles game will inch one of the rival East Coast teams closer to the Super Bowl. For New York’s football fans, that means a Sunday spent among cheap booze and comrades — or even trivia, all-you-can-eat ribs, and gay men! Below, some beloved sports bars, drink deals, and more “atomic wings” than you’ll ever need:
BELOW 14TH STREET
• The Village Pourhouse pits football fanatics against each other for a halftime round of Giants trivia. $25 beer buckets and $10 Bud Light pitchers may cause some factual fumbles, but afterward, teams can raise morale by sharing the $40 free-for-all of wings.
• The Bleecker Street Bar offers a more focused, less frilly environment for taking in the game.
• Down the Hatch offers Giants fans the chance to get, well, giant while watching their team, with a $21 meal fit for a linebacker: French fries, onion rings, all-you-can-eat atomic wings, and three pitchers of domestic beer.
• Gym Sports Bar will be screening the game for all the riled-up gay football fans in town. Zey do exist!
• Surround sound provides a visceral setting for cheering on the Big Blue at the chic Blue Seats. $3 sliders, $4 shots, and $5 beers enhance the experience as well.
• Nevada Smith’s, famed soccer bar, will get religious about the other kind of football. Come enthused.
ABOVE 14TH STREET
• Blondies Sports is sure to be packed with beer-drinking, Big Blue–blooded fans, eyes stuck to the screens. Eagles be wary or come prepared.
• Real fans can shatter the 40/40 Club’s lavish atmosphere by cursing at the big plasma screen after imbibing some reduced-price drinks.
• Prove your red-blooded, Big Blue–headed manliness at Brother Jimmy’s, where an all-you-can-eat rib lunch — including all-you-can drink Bud — goes for $23.
• The Big Easy is screening the game on two plasmas for fans of the rival teams and offering $8 pitchers. Lady football fans are encouraged to partake, with a $2 draft special offered for females.
• Whenever the Giants score, Southern Hospitality offers $2 shots. If they’re losing, though, you can opt for the Big Blue Bird Crusher frozen margarita or the Wing Ding special, which includes all-you-can-eat wings, fries, and beer for two hours for $23.
Feel free to plug your own parties below in the comments!
Previously on NYmag.com's Daily Intel...