5 Hospitalized After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese - NBC New York
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

5 Hospitalized After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese

Officials have taken the business' permit to sell food and drinks

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Tackle Kids Cancer: Inspiring Stories of Hope

    California officials say five people were hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station.

    The Sacramento Bee reports officials have connected five botulism illness cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in the Walnut Grove suburb. Sacramento health officials are also investigating four cases that may be related.

    Botulism is an illness that can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death.

    Officials have since taken the business' permit to sell food and drinks. Employees have not responded to requests for comment.

    Wildfires Persist Throughout Dry, Windy Southern California

    [NATL] Wildfires Persist Throughout Dry, Windy Southern California

    A new front in the California fire fight opened up in San Diego County Thursday, and the dry, windy conditions fueling the blaze were expected to persist into the weekend.

    (Published Friday, Dec. 8, 2017)

    One of the victims has filed a lawsuit against the gas station. Lavinia Kelly has been in the hospital for three weeks. She says the illness caused her to lose her ability to keep her eyelids open.