Woman Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Generator-Powered L.I. Home: Police

A Long Island woman died when a portable generator she began using after Sandy knocked out power in her neighborhood emitted fatal levels of carbon monoxide, police said.

Michelle Bracco, 44, of Kresse Street in Oceanside, was discovered unconscious in her home after 10 p.m. Monday, police said.

She was taken to South Nassau Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. 

Police said a portable generator in the garage attached to Bracco's home was being used to power the home, and high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered inside the home.

Contact Us