A 2-year-old Long Island girl has died after choking on a piece of carrot while attending day care.
Nassau County police say the girl was attending Carousel Day Care School in Hicksville on Tuesday morning when she swallowed the piece of carrot and began to choke.
Daycare workers began CPR and called 911.
News 4 has learned that the day care is not properly licensed.
The girl was identified as Olivia Raspanti of Hicksville. She died at Nassau University Medical Center.
Gene Formica, the owner of the school, offered "our total support, thought and prayers for the child's family." He said
Counseling was being provided for staff involved in the tragedy.