12th Suspect in Machete Killing of 15-Year-Old NYC Boy Professes Innocence as He Waives Extradition - NBC New York

Chief Investigative Reporter Jonathan Dienst on crime, corruption and terrorism.

12th Suspect in Machete Killing of 15-Year-Old NYC Boy Professes Innocence as He Waives Extradition

The teenager, known as Junior, was stabbed in the neck with a machete in front of a Bronx bodega last month

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    12th Suspect Arrested in Bronx Boy's Machete Killing: Cops

    A 12th suspect in the Bronx machete killing of Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz has been captured in Connecticut, officials say. (Published Tuesday, July 10, 2018)

    What to Know

    • Twelve people have now been arrested in the machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz

    • The teenager, known as Junior, was stabbed in the neck with a machete in front of a Bronx bodega in late June

    • The case has drawn national attention for its caught-on-camera brutality

    One of a dozen suspects in the death of a 15-year-old boy killed in a caught-on-camera machete attack outside a Bronx bodega last month has waived extradition from Connecticut.

    Luis Cabrarasantos, 25, told a judge Tuesday that he was innocent, according to the Republican-American, before agreeing not to fight a return to New York, where he faces murder and other charges in the June 20 death of Lesandro Guzman-Feliz in the Bronx. The boy was slashed in the neck with a machete in what authorities think was a case of mistaken identity.

    Cabrarasantos was arrested Monday during a traffic stop on Interstate 84 in Southbury, Connecticut. A state trooper pulled over the car when his license plate reader detected it was possibly stolen and wanted in connection to a homicide in New York City. 

    He is the latest suspect to be arrested in the death of Guzman-Feliz, was dragged outside a Bronx bodega and set upon by a gang of men who hacked at him as he struggled to defend himself. The boy was slashed in the neck and died after running to a hospital three blocks away.

    Two More Suspects Arrested in Machete Killing of Bronx Boy

    [NY] Two More Suspects Arrested in Machete Killing of Bronx Boy

    Two more suspects have been arrested in connection with the machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz. Michael George reports.

    (Published Tuesday, July 3, 2018)

    The owner of a bodega said that he had tried to protect Guzman-Feliz, who attempted to hide behind the counter. He said he called 911 after the gang members dragged him out of the store and stabbed him.

    Guzman-Feliz had been part of the NYPD's Explorers program, a group for youths interested in a law enforcement career. The New York City Police Foundation announced it planned to set up a scholarship in his name.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytime