New Plywood Covers Former Busy Chef/Blue Pig Space [Flickr Photo Pool/bakersfield]
· Joey Chestnut Wins Pizza Eating Contest, Breaks Record [NYDN]
· Merkato 55 Using Google Ads, Poorly [Savory Tidbits]
· Food Poisoning: How Many Strikes Does it Take to Say You'll "Never Go Back?" [SE]
· Rubyfruit Saved by Prominent Lesbian [NYT]
· <a href="http://nymag.com/restaurants/features/51136/ Cheap Truffles?
· Pizzeria Owners Deal with the Effects of a Tanking Economy [NYP]
· Is It Ever OK Not to Tip? [Consumerist]
· Waiter Rant Author to Appear on Oprah [Waiter Rant]
· Upcoming Memoir About NY Restaurateur Pino Luongo [NYP]
· Armed Rest-a-Robbers Hold up Restaurants, Liquor Stores [NYP]
· Kielbasa Cocaine at Local Butcher Shop? [NYDN]
· Fire at Rocky Sullivan’s [GL]
· Hawaiian Tropic Zone Ex-Boss Denies Allegations, Slams Accusers [NYDN]
· Group Either Slipped Roofies or Given Some Potent Sixpoint at Black Rabbit [NYShitty]For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.