The following content is created in consultation with RITTER SPORT. It does not reflect the work or opinions of NBC New York's editorial staff. To learn more about RITTER SPORT, visit ritter-sport.us.
Life in New York is colorful and full of choices, just like RITTER SPORT. All you need to do is tell us what kind of New Yorker you are, and we'll tell you your chocolate type, which could come in handy the next time you're in a hurry and can’t decide between RITTER SPORT's 18 different chocolate varieties.
Find out if you are a milk chocolate type, enjoy a full bite with whole hazelnuts or a fine creamy filling. Regardless of your personal chocolate preference, you'll always enjoy European crafted chocolate with the best natural ingredients when you go with RITTER SPORT’s colorful squares.
New York Chocolate Type Test
What is your NYC dream home?
- A brownstone with original molding and a working fireplace
- Loft-living at large
- New condo featuring a terrace with a view and every amenity one can think of
- A charming old apartment inherited from your parents
Your family and friends surprise you with a weekend getaway, what is your perfect escape?
- The Hamptons: Seaside lounging and cocktails with a little side of social life
- The Hudson Valley: Antiquing and locally sourced food in a relaxed atmosphere
- Hunter Mountain: Down the slopes with some après ski
- The City: You could never leave the city and you secretly stay put for a big weekend
Your perfect NYC night is?
- Having the apartment for yourself, music, a tall glass of something and a Law & Order marathon
- Beating every velvet rope and dancing the night away with the beautiful and fabulous
- Dinner and a Broadway show
- A table at 8 p.m. on a Saturday at Rao’s
When you eat chocolate you want to?
- Indulge yourself, daydreaming of a luxe spa while getting a mani/pedi
- Enjoy the great taste, because as a New Yorker you know your food trends
- Refuel your energy level before you get on that city bike or fixie.
- Kick-start the endorphins, before facing rush hour in the subway
- Triangle as in the Flatiron Building
- Square as in Washington Square
- Circle as in Columbus Circle
- Rectangle as in Central Park
Your favorite color is?
- Yellow and fast as a yellow cab
- Brown like your Bloomingdales “Brown Bag”
- Red as in painting the town red
- Blue for the NY Giants
As a New Yorker, you know a good thing when you see it, and you are quick to grab it. Your style is tried and true, and you don’t want any crazy new food hybrid inventions (Cronut – fuhgettaboutit!), let alone standing in line for it. You go for the finest milk chocolate or high-quality dark cocoa made from the best ingredients, natural quality you can taste.
RITTER SPORT varieties matching your type: Fine Milk Chocolate, Alpine Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate 50%, and Extra Fine Dark Chocolate 73% cocoa
The finer things in life come naturally to New Yorkers; after all we do invent most of them! Even though we sometimes have to get creative with our budget, we do know how to put it sll together. So it’s only natural that you gravitate towards fine fillings that please the palate like fine marzipan made from almond paste or the exquisite creaminess of cocoa mousse.
RITTER SPORT varieties matching your type: Marzipan, Cocoa Mousse, Praline, and Peppermint
You are a true city dweller. You know the secret code that opens the hidden speakeasy doors, the pre-sample sale and every new food trend. Your friends admire your daringness and often ask for your advice. Naturally your choice of chocolate is as adventurous as your spirit. For chocolate you alternate between double baked butter biscuit encased in milk chocolate, the fresh taste of coconut or the crunchy anytime breakfast of milk chocolate with cornflakes.
RITTER SPORT varieties matching your type: Milk Chocolate with Cornflakes, Milk Chocolate with Butter Biscuit, Espresso, Milk Chocolate with Strawberry Creme, Coconut, and Yogurt
People come to take a bite out of the Big Apple, but the locals already know what they like. Trusted standards, which hold up over time and become national classics like the ball drop on New Year's. You believe there’s no reason to change or reinvent a good thing -- why fix it if it ain’t broke? So when others opt for the latest trend, you just lean back, shake your head and take a big bite out of a chocolate bar packed with whole nuts and enjoy the crunchy tasty delight.
RITTER SPORT varieties matching your type: Milk Chocolate with Whole Hazelnuts, Dark Chocolate with Whole Hazelnuts, White Chocolate with Whole Hazelnuts, Milk Chocolate with raisins and Hazelnuts and Milk Chocolate with Whole Almonds.