Dog Shocked by Stray Voltage From Manhattan Scaffolding

Con Edison said the contact shock was caused by faulty wiring from the Clinton Street building

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Witnesses say a small dog was shocked when it came into contact with a scaffolding attached to a clinton street building. Checky Beckford reports. (Published Sunday, Feb 16, 2014)

    A small dog was shocked when it came into contact with a scaffolding attached to a building on the Lower East Side of Manhattan Saturday night, witnesses said.

    Con Edison said the contact shock was caused by faulty wiring from the Clinton Street building, which energized the scaffolding.
       
    The utility said animals are even more sensitive because the salt on the ground gets on their paws and acts as an electrical conductor.

    Con Ed said there was no voltage in the scaffolding but that workers capped the wiring anyway. The utility also notified the building's owner that repairs need to be made.

    The extent of the dog's injuries were unclear.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletters Send Us News Tips | Google+ | Instagram | RSS