Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- Spanish surgeons injected muscle extracted from the leg of a patient with facial paralysis into both sides of his face. The procedure allowed the man to smoke for the first time in 11 years.
- Jonathan the tortoise is believed to be the oldest animal alive. The reptile is 176 years old and currently lives on the South Atlantic island of St. Helena.
- Scientists claim that the smell of fear is real. Chemical signals released by the body in sweat during times of panic can be picked up by others and trigger fear in their minds, too.
- The light analyzed by Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe more than 400 years ago that he used to challenged established wisdom was most likely a thermonuclear explosion of a white dwarf star and a nearby companion, a new study shows.
- Corona is moving off the beach. "Vacation in a bottle" will no longer be the mantra for the popular beer. Instead. Corona will emphasize "refreshing moments" at social settings.