Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- Researchers have created a program that is designed to breed out aggression in rottweilers by changing the character of the animals to make them more mild-mannered, loving and reliable.
- Women who drink even in moderation have reduced ability to rate attractiveness in male faces even when sober. The more a woman drinks the longer the beer goggles impair her ability to see who's hot and who's not.
- A group that takes on flowery prose claims descriptions of food at grocery stores are too verbose and convoluted -- especially around the holidays. Why not just call an egg an egg, they argue, instead of expounding on the hen's living conditions and diet?
- A new report says church attendance in Britain will fall by 90 percent by 2050.
- On this day in 1882 a New Yorker became the first person to use electric lights as Christmas tree decorations.
- When Ford turned down the government's financial assistance it did wonders for the brand's image. The company supported the bailout for its rivals, which also helped bolster its standings.