Simon Cowell is planning to bring his reality competition show, "The X Factor," to Las Vegas.
In a new interview with British GQ magazine, which features the "American Idol" judge on its January 2010 cover above the headline "Simon Cowell and his $1 billion deal of the century," the mogul's business partner, Philip Green, confirmed the two have plans to take the show West.
"The plan is to take it to Vegas… We'll have a permanent place. The home of 'The X Factor' — live from Vegas," Green, a retail billionaire, told the mag, Reuters reported.
"The X Factor," which discovered international pop sensation Leona Lewis in its third season in Britain, hopes to move to Vegas, but may not be heading for television.
Reuters reported that the two plan to have two shows each week, which they want to broadcast globally via Web-based pay-per-view.
"It'll all be online. You have 20, 30, 40 million people tuning in twice a week," Green told the mag. "You bring two or three hundred million viewers to a venue. It's turning it up a peg."
The men reportedly told the mag they are in negotiations with a casino to establish a home base for the program.
On Monday, however, the New York Post gave hope to those interested in seeing the impending import on television.
The paper reported that Cowell is currently in talks with two networks – FOX and NBC – to bring the show to American airwaves.
But before anything "X" related can happen, Cowell's "Idol" duties stateside are about to step up.
FOX announced last week that "American Idol" will return to the airwaves on January 12.
The season, the show's ninth, will feature Ellen DeGeneres as the fourth judge. Ellen was hired for the position after Paula Abdul Tweeted she would not return to the show.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Leona Lewis Talks Sophomore Album, Relating To Susan Boyle & Simon Cowell
PLAY IT NOW: Access Extended: Simon Cowell Talks 'Idol'