A Los Angeles company is recalling tea made from deer antler after two people who drank it got sick, the California Department of Public Health said.
The tea may be contaminated with botulism, State health officials said Monday, and they are investigating the two Orange County residents who became ill.
The company, U.S. Deer Antlers Exports and Imports Inc., sold the tea to acupuncturists and others in California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia, officials said.
The tea is sold in 6-inch by 4-inch plastic packaging with Korean language text and drawings of deer on it.
U.S. & World
The health department says initial symptoms of botulism include blurred vision and sore throat, and that paralysis of muscles and difficulty swallowing and breathing can follow.