Throngs of Halloween ghosts, goblins and assorted ghoulish characters take to the streets Saturday in Halloween parades across the city.
Transportation officials say the following Manhattan streets will be closed Monday evening between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. for the Village Halloween Parade:
- Sixth Avenue between Canal and West 18th streets.
- Dominick Street between Varick Street and Sixth Avenue
- Sullivan Street between Broome and Spring streets
- Broome Street between Sullivan and Varick streets
- Spring Street between Sullivan and Varick streets
- West 16th Street between Fifth and Seventh avenues
- West 17th Street between Fifth and Seventh avenues
- West 18th Street between Fifth and Seventh avenues
- West 10th Street between Sixth avenue and Greenwich Avenue
- Houston Street between West Street and Broadway
- Christopher Street between Seventh Avenue South and Sixth Avenue
- Greenwich Avenue between Seventh Avenue and Broadway
- West 8th street between Sixth Avenue and Broadway
- West 9th street between Sixth Avenue and Broadway
- 14th street between 10th Avenue and Broadway
Buses will also be affected by the parade, according to the MTA. The M1, M2, M3, M5, M7, M8, M11, M14A/D, M20, M21, X1 and X10 will all be affected. To see more, including information about the closest subway stops to the parade route, visit the MTA's website.
Brooklyn will also be hosting a spooky procession on Monday night. The following streets will be closed from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. for the Park Slope Halloween Parade:
- Seventh Avenue between Third and 14th streets
- 4th Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues
- Third Street between Fifth and Seventh avenues
More information about street closings and traffic advisories is available on the city DOT website.