Food Poisoning Sickened 35 Guests at New York Wedding Reception - NBC New York

Food Poisoning Sickened 35 Guests at New York Wedding Reception

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Food Poisoning Sickened 35 Guests at New York Wedding Reception
    NBC 7

    State health officials say food poisoning caused an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness that sickened about three dozen people attending a wedding reception outside Syracuse two months ago.

    The Post-Standard of Syracuse reports that the Department of Health says its lab tested samples collected from some of the approximately 35 people who became ill while attending a reception held July 31 at the Arrowhead Lodge, an Onondaga County-owned venue located in Brewerton on the western end of Oneida Lake.

    The agency says the results came back positive for staph aureus enterotoxin infection, a type of food poisoning. The illness is caused by eating foods contaminated with toxins produced by Staphylococcus aureus, a type of bacteria.

    At least nine of the guests were taken to local emergency rooms.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android