The Best Actress bonus prize.
• London Fashion Week starts today, overlapping with the last day of New York Fashion Week. Tomorrow Vivienne Westwood shows her Red Label. [British Vogue]
• PPR's sales rose 3.4 percent in the fourth quarter. Versace and Gucci are doing well! [British Vogue]
• Mary J. Blige said designing a clothing line is "a dream" of hers. Love her, but not all dreams have to be fulfilled. [WWD]
• Kate Beckinsale said yesterday's Calvin Klein show was the first she's been to. Eva Mendes was there too, naturally. Yawn. [WWD]
• Whoever wins Best Actress at the Oscars will receive a $9,050 makeup compact studded with rhodolite and amethyst stones and pavé diamonds. These times are about necessities, people. [WWD]
Read more posts by Amy Odell
Filed Under: calvin klein, designers, eva mendes, fall 2009, gucci, industry insiders, kate beckinsale, loose threads, mary j blige, new york fashion week, oscars, ppr, versace