Coastal Flood Advisory
422 PM EDT Tue Aug 4 2020
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT
* WHAT...Up to one foot of inundation above ground level in
vulnerable areas near the waterfront and shoreline possible.
* WHERE...New York (Manhattan), Bronx, Northwestern Suffolk,
Northern Nassau, Northern Queens and Northeastern Suffolk
* WHEN...Until 2 AM EDT Wednesday.
* COASTAL FLOOD IMPACTS...Minor flooding is possible in the most
vulnerable locations near the waterfront and shoreline. 1 to
locally 2 feet of inundation above ground level is possible in
low lying, vulnerable areas. Some roads and low lying property
including parking lots, parks, lawns and homes/businesses with
basements near the waterfront will experience shallow flooding.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Surge has peaked between the times of high
tide, but with potential for residual surge to remain, a
reasonable worst case scenario of minor coastal flood impacts
has been maintained. If the surge subsides this evening, then
little to no impacts will be experienced.
If travel is required, allow extra time as some roads may be
closed. Do not drive around barricades or through water of
unknown depth. Take the necessary actions to protect flood-prone